My doctor wants me to lose 30 pounds. What can I do to lose the weight?
1. No snacking in between meals. Drink water. You may have water or herbal tea without sugar added. No fruit, juices, gum, nothing.
2. Wait 5 hours in between each meal.
3. Try eating 2 meals per day instead of 3; breakfast and lunch, not lunch and dinner. If you must have a third meal make it very light, fruit would be good and light. Remember this rule or guideline:
Breakfast like a king or Queen
Lunch like a prince or princess and
Supper like a pauper, if at all!
The more meals we eat per day the greater the chance of colon and rectal cancer; the chances actually doubles.
4. Drink 7 – 8 glasses of water per day. Do not drink with your meal. Drink water half hour before meal and one to two hours after your meal. This will prevent dilution of digestive juices, which can lead to fermentation of foods in the stomach, and poison the entire system.
5. Avoid soft drinks like sodas, juice and drinks. Make your own juice - carrot, celery and drink it 15 - 30 minutes before your meal or for supper.
6. Include more fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains with your meals. Try making your plate 60 - 75 percent raw.
7. Limit salt intake. It retains water and causes blotting. Salt is necessary but not more than a teaspoon per day.
8. Use Olive oil in food preparation, instead of the others. It aids in digestion.
9. Make sure your last full meal is not late. Preferably by four p.m. YES YOU CAN! Drink lots of water and this will help you to avoid feeling hungry and light headed. Please see your doctor and get his/her approval of this time change.
10. Avoid sugar and foods with sugar. Avoid all refined carbohydrates. This slows the metabolism and suppresses the immune system.
11. Limit your intake of meats. Use non-meat products, legumes, nuts and seeds to get your daily intake of protein. Meat slows down the metabolism.
12. Avoid process foods, made from white flour, canned foods etc. Canned foods have lots of sodium.
13. Exercise is very important for the success of any weight loss. Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise 3-5 times daily.
14. Fast 1 day per week, or miss at least 2-3 meals per week, this helps to cleanse, heal and boost weight loss. The meals that you choose to miss should not be breakfast. NEVER!
15. Do not chew gum. When you have a desire to chew gun, drink water.
16. Chia seeds are a great addition to your diet. Take 1 tablespoon of chia seeds add to 1 glass of water or homemade live juice and stir well, allow it to sit for about 5 minutes, and then drink the solution 15 minutes before you eat. This will help to make you feel full and help you to eat far less.
17.. Here are some text that really helps to keep me on God’s plan. Read:
Phil 4:13 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHEN ME.
1 Cor. 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, DO ALL TO THE GLORY OF GOD!
3 John 2 Beloved I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prosper.
Psalm 91:10,11 For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say on the Lord.
I Declare I will follow all of these guidelines laid out for my lifestyle changes.
Signature____________________________ This day ______________ 2012
This program is not designed to take the place of your doctors medications. All changes in diet or medication should be accompanied by your doctors advice.
Success To You And God Bless You.